Smoked Chicken (Whole)
Want to smoke the perfect whole chicken on a pellet grill? Here's the recipe!
- pellet grill/smoker
- wood smoker
- 1 whole chicken
- Fat Pants seasoning mix
- olive oil
- Remove whole chicken from plastic wrap. (Remove giblits and neck if they are included inside the carcass.)
- Completely thaw the chicken in your refrigerator (or a water bath). Before taking the next step, make sure the chicken is dry by patting it with clean paper towels or a cloth.
- Coat the outside with extra virgin olive oil.
- Generously sprinkle Fat Pants on all sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken directly on the smoker/grill and smoke the bird on "high smoke" (approximately 200-degrees) for 1 hour.
- Turn up the pellet grill/smoker to 325-degrees and smoke the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165-degrees. Remove the chicken from the smoker and allow the chicken to "rest" and redistribute juices for approximately 15-20 minutes before carving and serving.